How your information is protected:
SmartCare Cloud is used for the fleet management of data connected devices, including Chiptech base units, GO mPERS and lone worker products.
- When the SmartCare Cloud connects with a Chiptech cloud connected device, a unique security credential handshake will be implemented to verify the connection.
- Proprietary security protocol - Chiptech has proprietary communications format.
- No personal client information is stored on Chiptech base units, mPERS or lone worker products, or on SmartCare Cloud, all information is device specific.
- Automatic updates using the SmartCare Cloud is preformed in a similar manner to update using the Chiptech Wizard and utilise the same security.
- There is no port forwarding - the destination for the connection terminates at the Chiptech server.
- All available items in the Chiptech Wizard for base units can be amended through the remote automatic connection that occurs during the Cloud connection. Chiptech base unit connection frequency to the Cloud is specified in their configuration.
- Chiptech Mobile device cloud connection frequency is based on when they are placed on the charger, and have adequate battery level and cellular connection.
- In both cases if there is an update waiting to be uploaded, it will occur following the cloud connection.
SmartCare Cloud Server:
- All data stored on the SmartCare Cloud (such as the code for the service, etc.) is encrypted using 256-bit encryption.
- 256-bit encryption key is also need to gain access to the SmartCare Cloud. This encryption is limited to one source only.
- Multi-factor authentication is used when accessing the SmartCare Cloud website.