Chiptech Environmental Charter
Chiptech believes that the environmental awareness of our staff is crucial for achieving more sustainable solutions and practices in the manufacturing and distribution of our products. By promoting ecological awareness in all aspects of our operations, continually striving to minimise the impact of our manufacturing on the environment, we aim to achieve our objectives and contribute to a sustainable culture and future.
- Minimise the impact on the environment in all of our processes, from our building and landscaping, to design, manufacturing, distribution, and recycling of our product.
- Promote to our customers and other interested parties, the recycling of our product at the end of its lifecycle.
- Become fully RoHS compliant by restricting the use of hazardous materials and substances in the manufacture of our products.
- Wherever possible, to use environmentally friendly parts and packaging in the manufacture of our products to achieve a maximum recyclable content.
We strive to meet the following guidelines in order to achieve our objectives:
- Within their respective departments, Chiptech managers are accountable for maximising every opportunity to minimise the overall impact on the environment, that the design, manufacture and distribution of our product can ultimately contribute to.
- Chiptech understands the lifecycle of our product extends long after the product has left our premises. To this end we have an arrangement to recycle our medical alarms within RCN standards in New Zealand, and 1800eWaste will recycle in Australia. Both RCN e-Cycle and 1800eWaste recycle to ISO14001 Standards.
- RoHs Compliance; this directive restricts the use of specific hazardous materials and substances in electrical and electronic equipment.
- Promoting environmental awareness with all Chiptech employees.
- Promoting our environmentally friendly practices with our customers and other interested parties.
- Chiptech endeavours to use lead free solder paste in our products, and has a goal of eliminating this from our production.
- Chiptech has eliminated the plastic packaging in most of our products, and is committed to finding alternatives wherever practicable to ultimately achieve zero plastic packaging in the despatch of our product. All the moulded plastic used in our products is recyclable.
- The inner and outer boxes used to transport our products are made from recyclable cardboard, are not plastic strap wrapped, and non-toxic water based ink is used for printing on the cardboard.
- We aim to reduce environmental impact by designing and manufacturing energy efficient products with a long lifecycle.
- All general waste, plastic, and cardboard is recycled in a sustainable manner from our premises.
- Careful planning and scheduling is in place when ordering components, in order to negate wastage.
- Chiptech manages its working environment in a responsible manner, by supporting our people to adopt efficient, sustainable, safe practices.